James Blair Middle School
Waller, Todd and Sadler, a Woolpert Company is currently working on the design for a new middle school in nearby Williamsburg-James City County (WJCC). We are providing full-service architectural and engineering services for the County. Decommissioned as a school facility in 2009, the original James Blair Middle School building was converted to offi ces for the WJCC Public School Central Administration in 2010. Two years later, division enrollment projections indicated that another middle school would be needed. After several studies recognizing the inability to accommodate future/long term growth, as well as numerous student limitations, WJCC decided to increase its available capacity and redevelop the existing James Blair site.
WJCC hired Waller, Todd & Sadler to create a new middle school that embraces and supports the following 21st Century teaching and learning model:
- Secure and student-centered school environment
- Flexible and seamless technology
- Collaborative, project-based, inter-disciplinary instruction
- Ample opportunities for STEM/STEAM
- Indoor and outdoor spaces that enhance learning and environmental awareness.
Williamsburg James City County Public Schools
In Association With Fanning-Howey