Uncrewed Aircraft Systems
By the Numbers
Part 107 pilots
Fixed-wing and VTOL systems (with access to ~1,500)
Surveying and mapping company to receive
Section 333 exemption
What we are doing:
Safety: We capitalize on opportunities to acquire capabilities that help agencies conduct their missions more effectively and with less risk.
Support: By participating in working groups, we are helping to develop UAS plans and capability development documents detailing the tactics, techniques, and procedural requirements necessary to support UAS operations.
Oversight: Our teams observe and monitor the use of UAS in the field to confirm compliance with all government policies and ensure that established asset inventory controls are practiced.
Coordination: In collaboration with various stakeholders, we help coordinate UAS airspace requirements for access and scheduling.
Procurement: We develop, prepare, review, and evaluate technical specifications using ISO 9001 QMS processes for UAS.
- Historical digital preservation in conjunction with State Historic Preservation Officers to preserve a record of assets scheduled for demolition
- Asset inspections (rooftops and parking lots)
- Low-altitude aerial orthophotos (runways and built infrastructure)
- Utility infrastructure inspections (rooftops and communication and water towers)
- Reality capture and detailed 3D building and structure models
- 3D wireframes and meshes
- Automated and semi-automated feature extraction
- Colorized point clouds
- Digital terrain models and contours
- GIS datasets
- Livestream videos
- Traditional orthophotography