Woolpert has been providing aviation clients with industry-leading engineering and geospatial services for more than 40 years. In 2020, Jviation joined the Woolpert team, bringing national recognition for its architecture and engineering services. Together, our united, multidisciplinary, and client-focused team affords even better value to clients through truly comprehensive services, nationwide resources, and a shared philosophy of providing superior customer service.
We integrate award-winning professional services with strong industry relationship to offer clients holistic and effective aviation solutions. With over 200 aviation professionals located across the country, many of whom are former airport managers, state aviation system planners, FAA, and DOT personnel, we understand airports from virtually all angles, inside and out.
Backed by comprehensive architecture, engineering, geospatial, and strategic consulting capabilities, the Woolpert team is a powerhouse of talent, technology, and tradition.
Aviation Advisory Board
In 2009, Woolpert established the Aviation Advisory Board to guide and structure the firm’s innovation in aviation and transportation policy, design, construction and technology. The board not only provides a platform for discussing new ideas, but it also helps the firm maintain a coherent strategy and ensure clear and targeted industry outreach. Our board members leverage personal experience to foster Woolpert’s staff development, and as knowledgeable champions, advocate new technology and industry trends.
President, Rick Day and Associates
Krys Bart, A.A.E.
President and CEO, Krys T. Bart and Associates, LLC
Benjamin R. DeCosta, A.A.E.
Principal, DeCosta Consulting, LLC
Woodie Woodward, Ph.D.
Former Associate Administrator for Airports
Former VP of Airport Affairs, Southwest Airlines
Principle, Blakey & Agnew, LLC
Former Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, FAA
President, Boatright Aviation Consultants, Inc.
- Application development
- CADD/GIS/BIM standards
- Capital improvement and financial planning
- Civil engineering
- Construction management and inspection
- Design and construction
- Economic impact studies
- Electrical engineering
- Electronic airport layout plans
- Enterprise GIS and database design
- Environmental permitting and NEPA-related documentation
- FAA AGIS expertise
- Feasibility studies and business plans
- Information systems integration
- Instrument approach analysis
- Landside roads and parking
- Lidar (airborne, mobile, and terrestrial)
- Master site/civil grading, drainage, and utility designs
- Navigational and visual aid installation and relocation
- Pavement rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Photogrammetric mapping
- Safety management plans
- Signage and marking
- Site selection studies
- Subsurface utility engineering
- Traditional and Non-traditional Funding
- UAS operations and integration