Bushnell Building LEED Program Management
The historic Bushnell building in Springfield, OH, was once home to the office where the Wright brothers obtained their patent for the airplane. Today, it is helping pave the way for the revitalization of the downtown area and is a lot more environmentally friendly.
Owned by Jim Lagos, the building, thanks to Woolpert’s LEED APs who managed the project, includes sustainable features that have helped Mr. Lagos apply for LEED for New Construction Platinum status.
- soy-based thick insulation
- expansive natural lighting
- demand control ventilation
- low VOC construction materials
- wood trim from a sustainable forest
More than 90% of the demolition materials were also recycled.