Woolpert’s Industry-Leading Lidar Capabilities
The difference between an average firm and a leading geospatial service firm is not just people; it’s also the technology at their disposal. Enter Woolpert’s use of lidar—light detecting and ranging—technology.
We’ve been providing unmatched lidar services to clients for more than a decade and continue to lead the industry with system and data processing advancements—even by developing the technology ourselves.
Woolpert uses lidar to create the following value-added products for our clients:
- Digital terrain models (DTMs)
- Land use/land cover maps
- Land cover characterizations
- Vegetation classifications
- Building and structure maps
- Biomass and carbon/greenhouse gas calculations
- Transmission and utility maps
- Emergency response plans
- Pre- and post-event disaster plans
- Pavement management plans